Monday, November 21, 2011

How do I learn to apply make up?

I am 21 and dont know how to apply makeup; the only times I have had it is the rare wedding and even then my mom or my sister apply it but I think they do it wrong or they are biased because each time, I cry because I look like a drag queen (to myself at least).


Please do not suggest going to make up counters or stores or salons etc. to learn because I just cannot. I have an anxiety disorder and body image issues, and I simply cannot at age 21 go and ask those beautiful and confident women how to apply lipstick and what in the world is a curler. I swear I would run out crying; I have tried before but I have always chickened out and ran away. I dont even belong on the same floor as those make up counters. This is my mindset so please dont suggest that.


Are there other ways to learn privately? By myself? Where I dont have to rely upon someone else and be embarrassed? Are there books? I love books lol.How do I learn to apply make up?
Don't be intimidated! It just takes practice! :)


http://www.youtube.com/user/sandygold25


http://www.youtube.com/user/LindseySomet鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/user/askmemakeup


http://www.youtube.com/user/EnKoreMakeup


http://www.youtube.com/user/aboywearingm鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/user/pursebuzz





THese people's videos have helped me learn to apply makeup better. Just take some time and sit down and watch them. It is worth it. These people usually use MAC makeup, but you can imitate with cheaper versions. The best place I think to get makeup is Target. I have all the Sonia Kashuk brushes and I use mostly Covergirl makeup and some Ulta brand stuff. My all time favorite mascara is covergirl lashblast, my favorite blush is ulta cream blush in playful, my foundation is mabelline dream matte mouse, i use neutrogena powder, and eyeshadows from ulta. Hope this helps! If you want a book, I would recommend Bobbi Brown, I got her ';Teenage Beauty'; book when Iwas 16 and it really helped me learn and sparked my interest in makeup. Granted, you aren't a teenager, and the book is geared for young teenagers, it's a great starter and has alot of info on confidence! :) Hope this helps! Good luck. You are fabulous %26amp; don't you forget it!How do I learn to apply make up?
Borders has beauty books for hair and makeup. (At my Borders, the beauty section is right next to the nursing section). They usually have good stuff!
Go to Youtube, They are alot of amazing people doing makeup tutorials. Try Amy B, Pursebuzz, Xparkage, Kuuipo, Makeup Mondo. They are all fab. On books, try Bobbi Brown's Makeup book. They're all sorts of tutorials on applying makeup, and it's easy to follow.
Amazon.com has a few books for sale on beauty, just enter beauty in the keyword search, it will take you right to them. As for the curler, it's a wickedly evil tool to bend your eyelashes into a more curly shape, nasty and can damage your lashes or pull them out! Stick to maybelline, many of their products have instructions, tips, and pictures on the package to help too. Sit down one night, start with just a little color, add more only if you think you need it, makeup should look barely there, not like a clown. Good luck!
Practice!


If its a day when you have a lot of extra time on your hands, try putting some make up on!


Blush is easy--just smile and apply it little by little on the apples of your cheeks


Mascara is easy too--Just brush some on your eye lashes, and try not to let it clump.


Eyeliner takes practice--Do it little by little and try not putting it on too far from your eye/too close to your eye


Eye shdow is a little hard to explain--Seventeen.com has tips and instructions


For lipstick and lip gloss--Just put them on your lips! =D








Good luck! Make up just takes practice, thats all. Dont worry. ;)
Sephora.com has how to videos on there website on how to do makeup. choose the makeup brand and usually somewhere on the page it will say get this look click on it and it will tell you how. good luck!
there are actually lots of books that help you do it and many MANY websites to help you also. if you wanna just look simple and natural all you need is a light colored eyeshadow (applied first on eyelid using the included applier thing), a light colored eyeliner (applied above the lash line on the bottom- just draw with it like you would a pencil) or mascara (horizontally hold the brush and brush it through your eyelashes in the direction they grow- for the top ones, up for the bottome ones, down), a natural colored blush (just use a little on a semi-diagonal angle from where the apples of your cheeks are to like an inch more or less from your ears using the brush), and a sheer lipgloss (hopefully that is self explanitory...).


good luck and def look for any books or go to google.com and search different things you want to know about makeup. and i understand your mindset but if you really want to know how to do it ';right'; they're your best bet.


good luck! =)
I got the perfect book for you! It is called Making Faces by kevyn aucoin. HE IS THE BEST AT DOING MAKEUP. I AM IN LOVE ON HOW HE DOES HIS WORK. IN THE BOOK IT TEACHES YOU EVERYTHING (BY DETAIL) ON MAKEUP FROM ON HOW TO USE IT AND WHAT IS IT FOR . IT ALSO TEACHES YOU HOW TO DO EYEBROWS! TRUST ME YOU WOULD DIE FOR THIS BOOK !! Oh and in the book it also shows you real amazing changes on people with just a touch of makeup. Kevyn Aucoin has done Tina Turners' makeup and Janet Jacksons' makeup, and Venessa williams makup and juila roberts, sooo many more...
http://www.ehow.com/how_11271_apply-make鈥?/a>





http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/articl鈥?/a>





the second website is great!





hope this helps!
Trust me go to http://pursebuzz.com/ or http://youtube.com/user/pursebuzz


I have learned so much from her videos.She even gives a demonstration on how to put on lip gloss.Shes great.And you don't even need to leave your house =) Becoming good with makeup takes time.Ive been doing my make up for years and I'm STILL not even that good.Good luck!
This site will teach you. It has videos to show you step-by-step.


It also gives many tips about skin tone, etc...





http://www.expertvillage.com/interviews/鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment