Monday, November 21, 2011

How do I apply make up?

Hi all, this may sound strange but I am 25 and have never worn alot of make up. I have no idea on how to put it on properly so that it looks good. I have bought various different pens for putting on eyeliner but I can never get it right and end up looking like something out of halloween! So now for some reason I am getting more interested in putting make up on, but I dont want to look like clown I prefer a more natural look, also I need advice on how to do make up for going out in the evening there is no special event really but I want to look good as I belive how you look reflects how you feel.


If you could give me advice and tips and hints would be great. Thanks How do I apply make up?
First,make sure you put on some moisturizer (unless ur skin is very greasy) b4 u put on foundation so it'll blend well.


Next put on foundation, but don't put it all over ur face, only put it on places where you need it; (eg where there's redness, uneven skin tone etc), this way ur foundation will look very natural, make sure u blend it well. I find liquid foundations works best. Blend, blend,blend!





Next, if you have under eye darkness put some concealer (or even the ssame foundation if it's thick enough, well I do this %26amp; works 4 me). otherwise just use concealer, dot under ur eyes %26amp; blend gently under ur eyes, don't drag as this area is very delicate. make sure you dot %26amp; pat it so it'll spread evenly %26amp; looks natural.





Then, blusher, choose a colour that's one shade darker than ur skin, not too dark, I find terracotta colours %26amp; beige tones works for me but I have light olive skin. u have to just try different ones %26amp; see which one u like, it just takes trial %26amp; error. then, dust the blusher brush in the powder %26amp; shake the brush to get rid of excess; then smile so the apples of ur cheeks stick out %26amp; apply to the apples %26amp; blend outwards, this again takes practice to see how much outwards to apply. for example I also blend outwards %26amp; down towards my chin but this suits me but u have to have big cheeks for this.





I don't wear eye shadow as I wear lenses so I can't help u there sorry but for eye liner, I normally draw a line across the top lashes close to the lash line(sixties look) %26amp; if you want a smoky look smudge this slightly.Some people also draw a line on the bottom lashes close to the lash line %26amp; smudge this slightly but I don't like this, esp. with the top line being heavy.





Lipstick %26amp; lipliner: draw lip liner just inside the outline of ur lips, smudge it again so u don't get harsh line effect which makes lips look thinner. then apply lipstick %26amp; take a tissue paper %26amp; put it between ur lips %26amp; press so to egt rid of excess grease from the lipstick. I normally buy matte lipstick as I don't like the greasiness on my lips or I buy a lip liner I like %26amp; apply it all over my lips with a tiny bit of vaseline or sth.





I suggest u look out for articles in magazines with make-up lessons or tips. I have been doing this %26amp; have collected (slowly!!) lots of advice %26amp; also practiced alot so u get the idea what suits me, as everyone has a different face %26amp; if sth suits me , it might not suit you. The trick to looking natural is blending, going for neutral, nude shades %26amp; blending.





PS. One very important thing is for ur foundation to match ur skin, otherwise u look cakey, MAC normally have make-up artists %26amp; they'll match ur skin for you.How do I apply make up?
you are most welcome, I hope it has helped,


xx Report Abuse

Well, for an evening look you will want to have something on your face even if your skin is great. If your skin is really good then buy a tintd mousturiser which is like a really light foundation and just apply that like a mousturiser.


If you want to use foundation then i suggest using a foundation brush which you can uy really anywhere. You just really paint it on your face using across and downwards strokes. Just make sure you blend it in very well with the brush so you dont end up with lines from the bristles.Then slightly dampen your fingers and blend into jawline.


Then use some mascara. Appply in zig zag motions to give more volume.
first you out on your foundation using a make-up sponge, you can buy these from boots or any chemist, make sure the foundation is the same colour as your skin, its best to test on your jaw line





then apply conceal or, i usually just use my finger





then the foundation powder using a cotton pad then brushing the Access off





then blusher, when applying blusher start from the top of your cheek bone (near your ear) this is beacause if you start from the bottom of the cheek bone (near your nose) 90% of the blusher will stay in that place due to the hair growth on the face
hey


wel ive wear makeup everyday and it dont turn out purfect never


wel get a foundation that the same coulor or mabey more darker but not to dark for ur skin


then do a little bit of a blush on if u want , and eyeliner wel just do it near where the eye lashes start and mascars ia easy really and the rest


hope ive helped u


xx
Make sure your foundation is the correct colour- cos you don't want to look orange.


Use a brown eye liner pencil, and gently smudge it in, so it looks more natural, and it doesn't matter so much if it's not a perfect line.


Use clear mascara for a more natural look


(Y)
first put your foundation on then put a base on your eye lids pick a brown eyeshadow and put it on lightly pick a brown lipstick to
You can watch tutorials on YouTube. They really helped me out!!





Hope I helped :)
well if you have bought eyeliner then just put it on any way you know how (its hard to explain might wanna ask a Friend 2 teach you) then for the skin bear with me this may be long


1.get a good foundation one that preferably matches your skin tone or is close make sure your not allergic to it test it on an unseen part of your body (behind your ear maybe)


2. to apply the foundation if you have a powder then you may want to put some water on the sponge you are going to apply it with.


3.get a good high quality concealer so to apply test it on your ear again to make sure your not allergic to then use your finger and only put it in areas you think are darker or lighter e.g. under eyes around mouth etc.


3.now your almost done with the skin just apply some sutle blush although this is optional becasue some people have naturaly rosy cheeks and if you do just don't waste your money.


4. the eaiset step lip gloss if you really want this natural look you can find a clear one that just adds shine or just a slight pigment change


I hope this helps P.S ig nore any spelling mistakes

No comments:

Post a Comment